Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how Tring Sport and Leisure Ltd (trading as Tring Sports Centre) uses any personal data that we hold about them. We comply with this right by providing ‘privacy notices’ (sometimes called ‘fair processing notices’) to individuals where we are processing their personal data.
We are committed to complying with data protection legislation in our handling of your personal data.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data including the right to object to the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
‘Personal data’ is any information that relates to a living, identifiable person. This data can include your name, contact details, and other information we gather as part of our relationship with you.
It can also include ‘special categories’ of data, which includes information relating to physical health. The collect and use of this type of data is subject to strict controls.
Our legal basis for using this data
We are committed to protecting your personal data and will only process the data if we need to for a specific purpose and providing we have a legal basis, as explained below.
There are various legal bases on which we may collect and process your data.
- We need to comply with a legal obligation
- We need it to process a monthly direct debit payment
- For health and safety reasons, in the event of an accident
- In order to operate and improve our business
Personal data we hold
Any personal details you give us or we obtain from third parties. Information you type into our websites or provide to one of our colleagues such as when you become a member, create your profile, update your member profile or make a booking,
We use this data to:
- provide you with the services you request,
- tell you about services you are eligible for,
- to keep in contact with you, manage your account and the services we provide. If you contact us by email, via the website, in person or by telephone we may keep a record of your contact information and enquiry and may subsequently use your contact details to respond to your enquiry.
Information which allows us to recognise you. Such as a unique ID number; storing this data saves you from re-entering your details again when you return to the website.
Tring Sport and Leisure can recognise you by your photograph as well, which also allows us to ensure that your card is not misused if lost or stolen and helps us identify you to ensure we support you whilst using our facilities. For services paid for in advance, we require your photo to be stored in our systems for identification purposes.
Details of your transactions
We collect data for any transactions you carry out through our websites and services, so that we can administer the services you have with us. Please note that we never store your payment details on our website
When you visit our website, we collect standard internet log information for statistical purposes.
- We do not make any attempt to identify visitors to our websites. We do not associate information gathered from our sites with personally identifying information from any source.
- When we collect personal information, for example via an online form, we will explain what we intend to do with it.
Using cookies helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Our websites contain links to various third party websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any external websites that are linked from our sites.
Data relating to children
Our services are used by people of all ages. Tring Sport and Leisure may accept website registrations and collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16.
Children aged under 16 years must have a parent or guardian’s consent before providing personal information to us. We do not wish to collect any personal information without this consent.
Tring Sport and Leisure will not knowingly market to children aged under 16 years.
Proof of age may be required and retained for access to some services.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
These are the basic guidelines we use to look after your personal data.
- We maintain secure systems to protect your personal information
- We respect your wishes about how we contact you, whether by post, telephone, email or text message
- We will update your information or preferences promptly when you ask us to
- We will respond fully to requests from you to see the information that we hold on you.
- We will not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
- We follow strict procedures when storing or handling information that you have given us. Some information is encrypted, such as payment transactions and password.
- We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
We retain personal information as long as we consider it useful to contact you, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations. Where data is not needed for legal or statutory purposes we will delete this information if you request.
CCTV images used in the swimming pool. In the event of an incident we may retain it until any investigations are concluded.
How do we use your information?
We use your information to help us provide and improve our services for you. We may use your information in the following ways.
- to provide you with any services that you have purchased or receive free as part of a health or other scheme
- to check your identity
- to check your eligibility where appropriate
- to update our records with any new information you give us
- to notify you if we will be unable to provide a service you have booked before
- to provide marketing communications (if you have given us your permission)
- for research and analysis so we can develop and improve our services for your benefit
- to tailor our communications to you to ensure relevance (if you do not want us to do this please contact us using the details below)
- to comply with legal requirements.
- To safeguard users of our services
Keeping you updated
There are certain communications we need to send to you so we can provide our services. We call these service communications and include for example notices about your direct debit payments, change of password, registration confirmations, appointment reminders and waiting list announcements. We would not be able to provide you with services if we did not send these.
We may from time to time contact you about our services or products we think you might find interesting by email, by post, telephone or SMS, but only if you have given us your permission to do so.
If you buy a service from us for a fixed period of time with a specific end date, such as an annual membership, we will contact you at the appropriate time to tell you that the service is coming to an end and how you can renew.
If you do not want us to contact you other than for service emails let us know when you next visit us or contact us using the details below. For Tring Sports Centre website users you can do this by ticking the relevant box in the Permissions page in ‘My Settings and Preferences’ in your profile, or click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any emails we send. You may also opt-out of email or any other communications by contacting email@example.com or by letting us know in the centre.
Your rights to manage your personal data
Accuracy of data
We will always try to ensure the data we hold about you is accurate and relevant. If you believe the information we hold about you is out of date or incorrect, please tell a member of staff or see the contacting us section below. You will need a form of identification to request any changes.
Seeing your data – subject access request
You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request.
Removing your data
If you no longer use our services and products and wish us to delete your personal data we will do this if there are no legal or statutory regulations requiring us to keep this information.
You can restrict the processing of your data including some processing we do under legitimate business interests.
Transferring your data
In some circumstances you can ask us to transfer your information to another organisation.
Objection to processing
You can object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances such as marketing.
If we are relying on consent to process your data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
To exercise any of the above rights please write to us using the details set out below.
Complaints about how we manage your data
If you are not happy about the way we manage your data please contact us as quickly as possible by contacting your centre or usual contacts for providing our service.
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
The ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights. You have the right to contact them should you wish. Details can be found on their website: https://ico.org.uk/
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to and from external websites, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to other sites please note that these will be governed by their own privacy policies. We cannot accept liability for data use on those websites.
In most instances it is best to contact us at Tring Sports Centre, Mortimer Hill, Tring, Herts HP23 5JU
You can also contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.